mmm Smoothies

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

So, it's day three of my adventure back to health and fitness and I can proudly say that I've been feeling great, sore, but great. Every morning I've made a fruit smoothie after my workout. This week I've usually just been using frozen bananas, strawberries, mangos, and pineapple with some coconut water. But today I was a little extra hungry so I had a piece of spelt toast with some almond butter, and an apple that didn't make it past the knife. I've been limiting my carb intake, but when I do enjoy them I make sure their whole grains or something like quinoa. I've also been eating a ton of steamed veggies and fruits. I'm pretty sure I've gone through 2 bags of Trader Joe's asparagus and 2 bags of fuji apples and it's only Wednesday.

On another note, the working out has been a little disappointing, which is to be expected I guess. Before surgery I was running nonstop for miles but now I'm having a hard time completing just 1.5 miles without needing to take a break due to all of the muscle loss in my legs. I've decided that this is definitely going to be an experience for the next few months. I'll be making something from one of my new cookbooks I got for Christmas tonight for dinner, so hopefully you'll be looking forward to another post today.

BTW i picked up a packet of the chocolate amazing grass that was recommended by livinlovinvegan when I went to Fruitful Yield the other day...I still have yet to try it because I'm out of hemp milk but I'm definitely looking forward to it as soon as i get to Whole Foods.

seeing as how my pictures won't load I'll have to add them later.


--exhausted gym rat.

2 comments:

Just Us said...

You know...I haven't tried coconut water yet. Is it good in smoothies? I'll have to get some the next time I go to the grocery store and try it out.

Don't get disappointed about your work outs. You'll be back to where you were in no time. In a few more days I am going to start back to working out after not doing much of anything for two years...I so dread that soreness!

I can't wait to hear what you thought about the amzazing grass....looking foward to seeing what you make from one of our new cookbooks too.

The Edgy Vedgy said...

I absolutely love coconut water...i highly recommend it in your fruit smoothies or your green smoothies. thanks for the motivation! glad to know I'm not the only one going to be dealing with the soreness!

Post a Comment