Asparagus Overload

Thursday, June 2, 2011

So, I usually don't eat a whole lot in the summer, especially when I'm not training. I find the heat seems to take my appetite away. However, today I did eat some pretty good food if I do say so myself. For lunch i made a chick'n caesar salad with some Morningstar Farms chick'n strips (my best friend and I have loved these since high school), a mixture of greens, and Organicville Caesar Dressing. I would usually make my own dressing, but everyone I've talked to said to try the dressing so I picked it up on my last trip to Whole Foods. I can definitely say it's pretty realistic...it doesn't have that fishy taste, which is a plus. I also had a side of Imagine tomato soup...it wasn't to bad, but it was a bit bland for my liking.




For dinner I cooked up a MASSIVE plate of steamed asparagus, which is one of my favorite foods.  On top of that I had some quinoa and Whole Foods organic frozen vegan Spinach Florentine ravioli...which, is pretty realistic of the very non-dairy ravioli. I would definitely pick it up for a quick dinner, I would buy it again for sure. I went ahead and topped it with some Trader Joe's pasta sauce.



I apologize for the terrible pictures...i took them with my iPhone, I can't seem to find my camera now that I've moved dorm rooms...hopefully it will turn up soon.

meaningfully,
-S

0 comments:

Post a Comment