Bring it on 2011

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year to all of my fellow veg and nonveg bloggers alike....I hope you all enjoyed your evenings festivities.  I am currently writing from Western Illinois University where my boyfriend attends school....sadly, he does not get much of a break due to his basketball season :/ Our night was not to eventful....we watched ESPN until we decided to go to bed....he has a game today :]]] Go Leathernecks!! (even though I am, and always will be a true Commodore fan at heart....what can I say? Black and Gold runs through my veins). Needless to say I won't be doing my cooking or vegan dining out for the next few days, but I will be eating super healthy....I started 2011 with a run that I had planned on being 4 miles, but it's just to cold and windy here so 4 turned into 2.5. Once my hip starts screaming I'm pretty sure that means stop.  I know everyone has set their new years resolutions, which hopefully most of us will be able to attain. I myself, have created quite a few....but I have made sure that they are at least attainable. Here it goes:
1. Lose my weight gained from being off the few months I was for surgery.
2. Run my first half marathon...thankfully the surgery will hopefully allow me to do this seeing as how my plans to do so were ruined in 2010.
3. Make this my best year for bowling, for those who don't know I'm a NCAA collegiate athlete at Vanderbilt....my sport: bowling :]
4. Starting studying for the LSAT...now
5. Get a paid internship at a law firm this summer....hopefully I'll have the opportunity to do so.
6. Make some new friends :]
7. Write my book I've been planning on finishing...started...but definitely needs a lot of work.
8. Give back to the youth community...do some community outreach for youth bowlers and athletes alike.
9. Make some more vegan friends...at school, in Chicago, and in the blogosphere.
10. Get more active with my church this semester....with the surgery last semester I was lacking in my spiritual self, but I really need to get back to it...i sense the emptiness.
11. Keep making and keep achieving goals....cross a few things off my bucket list too :]
Hope you all are enjoying your first day of 2011....I know I will be relaxing and doing some reading until the game tonight.

-cold in Illinois.

1 comments:

Diana @ VEGeneration said...

Hi there! :) Don't know if you recall, but you commented on my little blog a long while back (September ish?) and I never had a chance to stop by.

Yay, fellow college veggie lover! Haha. Good luck with all your goals! Your list is inspiring :] #4, #5 and #9 kinda relate to me too (I'm not going into law though)

Post a Comment